Current Available Positions
Below is a list of our current available positions:
Assistant Store Manager
Safeguard Self Storage is a leader in the storage industry. We have been developing quality storage properties across the U.S since 1989. Safeguard’s modern facilities are located right in the communities where our customers live. We design every Safeguard with the character of the surrounding neighborhood in mind. We work with the business community and local governments, as well as the general public, to create facilities that everyone is proud to have in their community.
We offer our customers computer controlled access, individual door alarms, digital\video recording and climate controlled units. We also provide our customers storage advice (how to estimate the amount of space needed and how to pack a storage unit effectively), materials for moving and storing possessions such as boxes, pads, dollies, etc., moving and packing tips and will accept commercial deliveries without the customer being present.
Currently we are seeking Assistant Store Managers to join our team of professionals. Positions are located in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana.
Job Summary: The position will report to the Store Manager and is responsible for overseeing the operations of a Safeguard store in the absence of the Store Manager.
This position is accountable for direct customer sales as well as follow-up with the customers referred to the store by the Call Center.
- Respond to customer issues and concerns in a timely manner
- Provide potential customers with information about the variety of available storage spaces and amenities
- Meet and maintain monthly revenue goals
- Audit daily documents and process approved invoices
- Contact delinquent customers to request payment
- Perform security functions
- Reconcile tenant inventory
- Maintain and ensure all areas are clean and free of any maintenance issues
- Conduct merchandise inventory counts once a week to ensure and ample supply is available and that sole merchandise is properly entered into the computer system
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience in storage or sales
- Previous sales, retail or business management experience a plus
- Microsoft applications Word, Excel a plus
- Spanish Speaking a plus
We offer an excellent compensation package to include: quarterly performance bonus, health, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan and paid vacations.
To Apply: e-mail a cover letter and resume indicating the state in which you have an interest.
If you are interested in any of the available positions we invite you to submit a copy of your resumé via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (your resumé must be in Microsoft Word format)