From the charm of a china doll to the excitement of action figures, older toys are irresistible. These unique collectibles have the potential to become valuable assets, and Safeguard Self Storage is a great place to stash your treasures. Safeguard offers secure self storage units equipped with computer controlled access, individual storage unit door alarms, digital video recording and storage unit graphics with large display. Safeguard also provides climate controlled storage units that protect your favorite things from extreme temperatures so they are preserved as if stored in your home. So treat your collectibles with diligence and care, and your investment just might grow. Here are five vintage toys with wonderful potential.
1. Antique Dolls: These little ladies vary in age, and porcelain figures from the 1800s are worth an average of $700. Their younger cousins include the 1920s Madame Alexander line and often sell for $300. Barbie gets special attention in the collectors’ market with values that range from $300 to as much as $10,000.
2. Vintage Bikes: Yesterday’s favorite transport for kids often holds considerable value on today’s market. An antique model dating to the 1800s might sell for $900, and a classic Schwinn from the 1950s can fetch $400. Your small investment at the local garage sale has the potential to spin into a payoff on wheels.
3. Action Figures: From GI Joe to the Star Wars crew, these miniature characters enjoy a leading role on today’s collectible stage. With original packaging, they can be worth between $50 and $100, and they might be hiding in your attic. Whether your figures are Marvel, DC or Disney, they deserve the safety of secure self storage.
4. Cast Iron Toys: Dating from the late 1800s, these durable toys are a great investment. Their original packaging can ensure an annual appreciation of 15 percent, and that adds up on a coin bank or tiny car valued at several hundred dollars. Miniature planes, circus trains and fire trucks all have big potential.
5. Collectible Comics: First editions can sell for as much as $10,000, and the debut of new characters drives up the value of any series. These colorful collectibles represent a smart investment, but their paper construction makes them fragile even in protective sleeves. Your special comics are best kept in the security of climate controlled storage units.
Whether your collection revolves around vintage toys, rare stamps or unusual coins, condition is the key to preserving its value. Safeguard Self Storage offers the amenities you need while storing your treasures at an affordable price. Visit your neighborhood Safeguard Self Storage today and experience our smart storage solutions for your collectibles.