If you love arts and culture, you're living in the right place. The Baton Rouge Arts Market showcases the best of local talent and artisanship. Held on the first Saturday of each month, the open-air event features handmade pottery, jewelry, photographic art, stained glass and much more. If you have a hobby or favorite craft, the Arts Market provides an opportunity to share your talent with the world. This month, Safeguard Self Storage is offering savvy tips for setting up your own booth at the market and becoming part of the Louisiana arts scene.
Creating a Booth That Stands Out
- Aim for an airy, open and welcoming ambiance. Avoid creating a cave-like space.
- Decorate your booth with a variety of colorful, eye-catching materials such as fabrics, balloons, and streamers.
- Cover display tables with a cloth. For the best results, choose a solid color that contrasts the color of your products.
- If you can hang your items on a wall, do so; this makes them easier to examine and the items more noticeable from the street.
- Avoid clutter. Too many items grouped together are distracting and overwhelming to customers.
- Provide business cards. Customers who love your work may contact you later.
- Make sure to provide clear, highly visible signage that employs theme and color as well as text. Your prospective customers should be able to get an idea of who you are and what you're offering from a distance.
Sales and Marketing Tricks
- If your product can be sampled on-site, provide free samples to entice customers.
- Make your prices obvious and visible. No one should have to hunt for them. Offer special deals for multiple-item purchases.
- Talk to everyone who comes to your booth. Be friendly, helpful, and open, and don’t be afraid to sing the praises of your products.
- Take advantage of social media to get the word out.
- Make and distribute flyers ahead of the sale date. Use lots of color, and add a picture of one of your finest creations.
- Get to know other Baton Rouge vendors who are familiar with the market. They can offer even more tips for optimizing your sales and having a great time.
Storage Units Make Your Project Easier
If you need extra space for your crafts, supplies or marketing materials, Safeguard Self Storage has air-conditioned and clean storage units with easy access at prices that won't cut into your profits. Contact us today for more information about rates and availability.