It's only natural that National Moving Month graces our calendars in May. Beautiful weather sets the stage for changing addresses here in Mountainside, NJ, and self storage facilities make every type of relocation so much easier. Whether you're moving here from out of town or just moving around the block, these tips help you stay on track.
Get Ready for the Move
A little prep goes a long way before you make your move. Take care of as much as possible in advance, and free up valuable time for the big day.
- Whether you're renting a truck or hiring a company, make reservations as early as possible.
- Take care of leasing self storage near your new home now for an easier move later.
- Make arrangements with local utilities so that you'll be powered up at the new house.
- Visit the U.S. Post Office's website, and use their handy online form to change your address.
Get Set and Stay Organized
When moving day arrives, be ready to go and ready to transition back and forth. Whether you're working with a moving company or braving the DIY route, the trick is to stay organized.
- Label boxes with different colors coordinated by room for quick unpacking.
- If you've hired a mover, make sure the driver knows the location of your self-storage unit.
- If you're moving yourself, always load heaviest first and lightest last.
- Fold bedding and drapes into suitcases for handy moving and easy unpacking.
Go With Room to Spare
A new house or apartment doesn't become a home overnight. It takes time to dig into your new digs, so don't try to do everything at once. Give yourself and your stuff room to settle in.
- Consider leasing two adjacent storage units: one for large items and one for personal belongings.
- Add shelving to your storage to keep the space organized.
- Let new closets at home stay uncluttered by leaving seasonal things in your unit.
- After the move, keep your outdoor gear in storage for fishing and boating adventures on Echo Lake.
We're Always Here to Help
It's exciting to move into a new home, but it can be a challenge too. We hope our tips keep your relocation smooth sailing as you settle here in Union County's most beautiful borough. Utilize our modern Safeguard self storage facilities. When you're ready to make the move, we're always here to help.