The city is finally starting to cool down, so join your West Rogers Park neighbors in saying goodbye to summer heat. As you make plans for enjoying the fall days, make extra room around the house, too. Start shifting your summer things into self storage where Chicago, IL residents hibernate all their warm-weather stuff.
Clean Out Crowded Closets
If you aren't going to wear it or use it come fall, put it on your list of belongings that belong in winter storage. Clean out crowded closets and clear cluttered shelves with these self storage strategies.
- Keep summer clothes wrinkle-free in storage with wheeled hanger units.
- Lightweight bedding stays fresh in plastic bins with snug-fitting lids.
- Shuffle sandals, flip-flops and slip-ons off to storage in summer canvas totes.
Reclaim Lost Garage Space
When it's time to break out home snow shoveling equipment, you want plenty of garage space. Don't let these summer things crowd you or the car after winter sets in.
- Store fishing rods in your unit until the next spring trip to West Ridge Preserve.
- Pitch your tent in with that fishing gear to free up even more room in the garage.
- Stash seasonal lawn equipment out of the way in your unit.
- Roll the family bike collection on over to cold-weather storage.
Save Backyard Stuff from Impending Snow
When it's too cold to shoot hoops at Warren Park, you'll be glad your outdoor toys are spending winter in storage. Look around the backyard for other stuff that needs protection from Chicago's freezing temperatures.
- The inflatable pool will last longer if it gets to spend winter in your storage unit.
- Make sure the grill fires up next spring by storing it away now.
- Keep outdoor furniture safely sheltered inside a climate-controlled unit.
Stay Smart with Fall Storage
Once you get the drift of fall storage, it's a great seasonal routine for keeping everything organized. Switching out summer stuff and winter gear frees up space all around your home. It's a smart storage strategy that leaves you with more room around the house year-round.
Shift into Fall With Us
We're looking forward to cooler weather too, and we're ready to take care of your summer things with the best storage solutions in Chicago, IL. Our West Rogers Park facility is located on North California Avenue just north of Mather Park. Let Safeguard Self Storage help you shift your summer stuff into safe storage before winter blows in.