You can do this. A little smart planning makes it easy to get ready for a new semester. Both Kean University and New Jersey Tech are just a few miles away, so split the distance with self storage here in Elizabeth, NJ. You’re perfectly positioned to rock the new semester with these 10 tips for organizing your dorm room.
- Make the most of limited clothes storage options with plastic slide-out drawer sets. These stackable faux dressers help expand tight wardrobe space.
- Decorate a shower caddy, hang it over your desk, and enjoy compliments on your suspended solution to clutter. No one has to know that your clever wall organizer came from the bathroom.
- Put up inexpensive shelving for books and more. You can find great deals on easy-to-assemble sets at a local DIY store. This portable organizing solution lets you cubbyhole anything.
- Turn an over-the-door shoe organizer into a snack storage zone. The clear plastic compartments give you easy access to packaged munchies while they protect goodies from hungry bugs.
- Stretch small spaces with tension rods. Mount these tough suspension bars where no other storage can go, and turn tight corners into mini closets.
- Keep track of the little stuff with plastic ice cube trays. Put several in a top drawer for organizing everything from paper clips to vending machine change.
- Transition a plain, plastic silverware tray into your favorite desk organizer with a little fabric and glue. If things get really crowded topside, slip it in a drawer next to the ice cube trays.
- Tame chargers and cords by wrapping them with brightly patterned Washi tape. Trade fumbling and figuring out matches with a quick visual reference covering all your gadgets’ lifelines.
- Save limited floor space with a mattress caddy. Nightstands take up valuable indoor real estate, so keep your essentials tucked in a colorful organizer made just for beds.
- Turn wasted space under the bed into extra storage with handy roller trays. These smart catchalls also cut down on room cleaning chores by discouraging dust bunnies.
Stay centrally located with our Safeguard Self Storage facilities right here in Elizabeth, NJ. We’re at your service all year-long with student-friendly units and great amenities. When you store your stuff with us, you can enjoy campus life wherever you go in Union County.