Terms and Conditions
Safeguard Self Storage and its affiliates provide their services to you subject to the following notices, terms, and conditions.
Safeguard Self Storage is a registered trademark of Safeguard Operations LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Safeguard Storage Properties, LLC.
Links to other sites
Our web site may link to sites not maintained or related to Safeguard Self Storage. We provide these links as a service to our users. We do not sponsor or endorse these other sites and we have not reviewed the other sites. We are not responsible for the content of any other sites. You may access those other sites through the links at your own risk.
This site is provided by Safeguard Self Storage on an "as is" basis. Safeguard Self Storage makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content, materials, or products included on this site. Safeguard Self Storage disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Safeguard Self Storage will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages. Safeguard Self Storage makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
This site is controlled by Safeguard Self Storage incorporated in the state of Delaware. As such, the laws of the State of Delaware will govern these disclaimers, terms, and conditions, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. We reserve the right to make changes to our site and these disclaimers, terms, and conditions at any time.
Acceptance of This Agreement
Your access to and use of this website ("the Website") is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
The contents of the Website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making, any decision.
You agree to indemnify and hold Safeguard Self Storage and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against Safeguard Self Storage arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
The failure of either you or Safeguard Self Storage to enforce any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of that provision or the right of the party to enforce that provision or any other provision.
In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable or invalid, you and Safeguard Self Storage agree that that provision will be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the provision within the limits of applicable law or applicable court decisions.
Change of Address
You may change your address on line at any time. However, by making any change you agree and understand that Safeguard Self Storage has the right to rely on the information submitted to change your “last known address” for the purposes of all future written notifications, including notifications concerning the enforcement of Safeguard Self Storage’s lien and sale rights should you become delinquent in your monthly rent obligations. Accordingly, if you make a change to your address you hereby waive any claims, demands or actions arising from Safeguard Self Storage’s reliance on the change made by you. Further, the loss or delay of any correspondence which might have been dispatched prior to the change shall be at your sole risk and responsibility.
1. The date of your payment transaction is not the date payment is considered received by Safeguard Self Storage. If a payment is requested for a day on which your bank does not remit payment, the payment will be processed on the next available business day. Every day is a business day except Saturdays, Sundays and Federal Holidays. YOU SHOULD ENTER A PROCESS DATE ON THE PAYMENT SCREEN WHICH IS FIVE FULL BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO THE DATE THE PAYMENT IS DUE TO ALLOW ADEQUATE PROCESSING TIME.
2. Safeguard Self Storage is not obligated to accept a payment unless your account has sufficient available funds to make payment. Payments not paid due to insufficient withdrawable funds shall be subject to an NSF fee. Safeguard Self Storage is authorized to charge late fees if your payment is received more than 5 days late. (10 days in NJ)
3. You agree that Safeguard Self Storage has no duty to accept any on-line payments made on the day your storage unit is scheduled for public sale pursuant to Safeguard Self Storage’s lien rights. Any on-line payments will not be processed on that day. Payments will only be accepted in person at the facility on the day your unit is scheduled for public sale.
4. Safeguard Self Storage shall not be liable for any failure by you to properly protect data during your online payment process or as a result of any failure or omission to provide accurate information in the course of the online payment process.
5. Safeguard shall assume no liability for nonpayment due to errors, omissions or delays made by you or errors made by your bank. Safeguard Self Storage shall not be liable for any damages, actions or causes of action by virtue of any payment refusal arising from your acts or the acts of others. We also will not be liable if there are insufficient available funds or credit availability in your account; if a legal order directs us to prohibit withdrawals from the account; if the your account is closed or frozen; or if any part of the electronic funds transfer system is not working properly. We will not be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages arising out of the use of the on-line payment service.