Coronavirus Information Page
Update: Saturday, March 21st, 2020
In an effort to continue serving and protecting our customers and employees from the threat of the Coronavirus (Covid-19), we will be conducting business through our office doors. We are accepting payments of cash, check, money order and credit cards through the mail slot. This Social Distancing Policy is being instituted to help reduce the risk of the spread of the virus.
We highly recommend that all of our customers make an electronic payment that can be made from the safety and comfort of your home. To help make electronic payments as easy as possible and to provide the latest information to our customers, the following changes have been made during this unprecedented time:
- We have temporarily suspended the service fee when customers choose to make their payments via our automated pay-by-phone service. Visit the following webpage to find the Pay By Phone Number for your store: www.safeguardit.com/storeinformation
- Payments can also be made via the following options: On our payment portal www.mysafeguardselfstorage.com where you can set your account on auto credit card or ACH automatic payments (our AutoPay program). You can call your local office to make a credit card payment, or you can use the payment link sent to you from us via text or email. All of these options are currently FREE to use.
- We have created a page on our website to provide the latest information and updates related to the Coronavirus, what we know, and what you should know as it pertains to Safeguard Self Storage. Any new information will be posted on the following page: www.safeguardit.com/coronavirus
- You can also call our Customer Hotline at 888-988-7867 for the latest information on the Coronavirus situation.
Please stay well during this event and heed the directions of your local governments and health care experts. For additional information about COVID-19, get the latest report from the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov or your local health department website.
Update: Monday, March 16, 2020 - 3:00pm
We have always held the cleanliness of our facilities to a high standard, but with concerns about the Coronavirus COVID-19, it is even more important to us. We want you to know that the health and safety of our customers and managers is our top priority.
Safeguard is closely monitoring the latest reports provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and based on this information we have directed our store team members to institute the following precautionary measures:
- Managers are to wash their hands at least once an hour, and after contact with each customer, when possible.
- Provide hand sanitizer in our office, so that it is available to our employees and customers.
- Have disinfectant cleaning wipes on hand to enhance our regular cleaning procedures of wiping down frequently touched areas (such as counters, access keypads, elevator buttons, door handles, etc.) to now being performed several times per day.
- Have facial tissue available in each office.
- Stock antibacterial soap in the restrooms.
At Safeguard Self Storage, we take this health concern very seriously, and will continue to monitor the evolving situation. Should the need arise, we are prepared to institute additional measures to support our store team members and our customers.
As a reminder, you can access your account online 24 hours a day - 7 days a week at www.mysafeguardselfstorage.com to check your balance or make a payment. Also, if you'd prefer to make a payment by phone, or if you have any other questions, please contact your local office so we may assist you.
For additional information about COVID-19, get the latest report from the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov or your local health department website.
Update: Friday, April 3, 2020 - 1:00pm
During this time of great uncertainty, we are working hard to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our offices are open for business, but the doors will remain locked at all times. We ask that all customers who need to conduct business with us do so remotely, as much as possible. If you need to make a payment for your storage unit, you can do so online at www.mysafeguardselfstorage.com, or you can pay by phone through our automated service at no charge by dialing the pay by phone number for your store listed here. If you need to speak to the manager at your storage facility, please call them directly or, if you are at the location, using the call box near the facility’s office entrance will connect you to the manager on duty.
If you need to rent a unit, we ask that you complete your transaction online. If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone for assistance in determining which size storage unit would best accommodate your needs, please call us and we will be happy assist you. You can also use our space estimator by clicking the following link: Safeguard Space Estimator.
At all of our facilities, we offer touchless access to the building and to each storage area by means of an access fob. The fobs are sold in our office and are programmed with a unique code, which will provide access in to the building and allows access to the storage area where your unit is located. Our system also records the access activity of each entry for security purposes.
At Safeguard Self Storage, we are committed to the safety and well-being of our customers and our staff. Thank you for your understanding, and thank you for being a part of the Safeguard family. Please remember to stay safe and together we will make it through these tough times.