It's convenient and affordable, but how can you make self storage here in Baton Rouge, LA even better? When you know how to maximize your unit for easy access, anything is possible. Whether you're planning a first lease or looking for more room in existing space, these tips keep you organized while you’re coming and going.
Get Ready With a Plan
You're headed down to the Atchafalaya for some bass fishing. You can barely get the boat out of the crowded garage, and you lose time looking for your gear. Storage units solve these problems and more, when you start with a plan.
• Use a storage facility's online space estimator to determine the best unit size for your things.
• Choose self-storage facilities close to home or on the way to your favorite fishing spot.
• Consider leasing a drive-up unit for heavy things like furniture and appliances.
Get Set to Box
Once you've decided on a unit size and location, it's time to start boxing. Are you thinking about opening your own setup at the Deep South Flea Market? Do you need a place to store personal and business records? Whether you're stashing treasures or stockpiling books, these tips work for all your packed items.
• Choose boxes similar in size for easy stacking.
• Use big labels that give you room for a short list of contents.
• Discourage dust buildup in long-term storage by taping lids shut.
• Stuff bubble wrap or packing peanuts in partially filled boxes to keep tops from caving in.
Floor Plans Aren’t Only for Your Home
Streamline your self storage ins and outs with a smart unit floor plan. Do it right, and you’ll have parking space for your bike between cruises along Cypress Bayou, with room leftover for your favorite LSU cheer gear.
• Keep things you don't use often at the back of the unit.
• Stack boxes in rows to create aisles for easy access.
• Stabilize stacks by laying boards across grouped boxes.
• Use wood pallets to raise everything off the floor.
• Stay mobile with wheeled shelving units.
Come See Us Soon
Our teams are always glad to share insider knowledge, so come see us soon. We're here to serve with two Safeguard Self Storage locations in Baton Rouge, LA and six additional locations in the Metro New Orleans Area. It's our job to make sure you have the best storage experience possible, so let us help you make the most out of your unit.